Thread: Sole Mate?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Hawk,
Sorry but I have to agree with the guys here. My girl friends and I are very, very close and there are just certain things that we discuss that I don't always feel comfortable talking to my husband about. But, I would never think of discussing anything with another man that I wouldn't feel comfortable telling my husband about.

Secrets are a very ugly thing. We had some issues last year all because I thought I was doing the right thing by not telling him about a past relation that was attempting to usurp our marriage. I didn't want him to get hurt and I thought that I could handle the situation on my own...WRONG on both counts. He found out and his own human fears blew things way out of proportion. It took a very long time for him to trust me again.

To the point that when I first told him that I wanted to meet up with Curtis and Andy, I could see the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. I told him that I wanted him to come with me and he calmed down considerably. Now he's actually even looking forward to it, although still feeling a little awkward because he hasn't spoken to anyone here.

Be honest with your wife, BUT be careful with your honesty. If you love her, don't hurt her. But do ask your friend to please cool it, if you value your marriage.

And by the way, no matter what you do or say, women (all women) are territorial to some degree or another.

Good luck,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote