View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Question What has Patriotfiles done for you.

What has Patriotfiles done for you.? Well let me tell you my story its not long but I bet its nearly the same for alot of people. I started on the History channel until they were so unreliable that I went to Military.com. I was lost, looking for some meaning to what I contributed to the whole Vietnam War. I was no frontline soldier. I was in the Navy on a ship doing my duty. You never see that on TV history . You see army and marines in fire fights or jumping out of helicopters. As for myself I felt that I didn't do a thing and did not really belong or call myself a Vietnam Vet. But after getting to know guys on the sites and asking questions I started to believe in my self and the service I did for my country. I think the turning point was when I ask if any of the ground troops ever needed navy gun fire support and did it help them. The answer lifted my heart out of the gutter because the responce was over whelming that we did do a good job when called upon. I'll close for now by saying this site litterly saved my life. and help me too start to heal.Opps I must have sand in my eyes. I have along way too go but I have a whole lot of people guarding my six god bless one and all...chris P.S. God Bless David and Bern They areAngels in my book