View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It's always enlightening to play "what if," and that scenario of Saddam playing "You Bet Your Burnoose" was played out in a highly classified computerized wargame in which I participated. Inputting what we knew, and some of what we suspected of SH's materiel, tactics, force structure, and a few other variables, we concluded with a high degree of certainty that he would not have been content to replace the House of Saud with the House of Uday, but would only gotten greedier. The Saudi National Guard makes Barney Fife look like Elliot Ness.

We tried, with some success, to allow a mutual blood-letting exercise for the region, ergo, the Irani-Iraqi war. Onliest problem is that the two playground bullies got tired of the game before we thought they should quit. Our war gaming also took into account the effects that SH could have made had we not aided and abetted his eight-year-long nosebleed.

There certainly are times when my evil twin whispers in my ear, "Why not just make a large, solid glass parking lot out of the place?"

Education, my dear Brother Griz, involves, as you so rightly know, a willing imparter of knowledge and wisdom, and an even more willing group receptors. Absent this duality, and nothing is accomplished. Sadly, the average American demands the 'fast-food', 'instant gratification' answers and solutions to any real or imagined problem; they are also very quick to blame someone else for their own errors.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote