View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default So then,

that makes it OK to keep underfunding the VA???

I am truthfully sorry for the situation you have mentioned. You are absolutely correct that the "system" needs plenty of work to improve conditions and situations like that. But, it sure as HELL ain't gonna get it "right" under this current bunch of misfits!

These past three and one-half years prove that!

I realiize that government cannot possibly do everything that all of our citizens request, and it is confronted with difficult choices. It must choose to do what is best with the resources it has. What is best involves moral and practical considerations.

National defense and adequately funding and operating the VA and correcting current deficiencies within the system(s) (defense Department & VA) should receive equal priorities, not one over the other...............they ARE the SAME!

Under both, caring for those who have made (and are making) extraordinary personal sacrifices for our Nation and its citizens to protect us from enemies determined to deprive us of our freedoms and prosperity outranks ALL other goals of government, even though those goals may be meritorious themselves.

Veterans? programs must remain a national priority. Along with National Defense......................not reduced to a lesser stature of importance BECAUSE of it!

As indisputable as this principle is, not all in this government appreciate the nature of our indebtedness to disabled veterans and our corresponding overriding obligation to care for them first before pursuing other goals. All you need do is review the last three and one-half years of deception, lies and treacherous behavior by the current administration.

They are seeking to shirk that obligation and default on that debt without being held accountable, these politicians have devised crafty and underhanded ways to disguise or misrepresent the real nature and consequences of their actions that it may often be difficult for the voters to know what is genuine and what is false.

Fortunately, there are many, many, many of us out there who are wise to their devious and despicable attempts to disguise their outrageous and downright treacherous behavior. I just wish, hope and pray that more of "us" will wake up before it's too late.

If Bush gets re(s)elected, you, me and millions of others will be suffering more than we ever thought possible, mark my words!

Peace & health to you & yours,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote