Thread: Kerry's Veep?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 01:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don?t recall the time when a VP candidate had more clout and stature than the main nominee. Plus, as I recall the intra-fraternal fight card, the Clintons and Kennedy?s aren?t on the same page at all and the intense Liberal Kerry pees in the Clintonian centrist campfire on a regular basis, like all the time.
Zo, given the rumor/scenario, I wonder who is going to march across the quasi battlefield and go jump in the opposite trenches. I think Hil is way too clever and smart to become identified as a Kennedy Liberal because she is an expert at working the center stripe and knows things, important things. Then Kerry has a perennial ?For Sale? sign he totes about, but is way beholden to those who brought him to the dance-like the Massachusetts Liberals and Lord Teddy the mean/not lean.

Interesting concept though, spoken of before, and if it comes to fruition, we could have a situation where the VP is actively campaigning against the first chair from instant one of day one. Or is Hil going to negotiate away her future aspirations? But regardless of where it all goes, Hil definitely out-classes TJ by light years plus a bunch and it would be best if they stayed well clear of each other lest TJ has an overwhelming desire to be humbled every moment in every way.

Scamp