View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 09:17 AM

Default VI Corps Combat Engineers of WWII

Hello:

Well, my morning started off just great today. One of the first emails I got came from The Patriot Files, and it informed me that my site has just won a Patriot Award. I was so honored. Thank you!

Let me take this time to introduce myself. My name is Marion and I recently created a site in June that is dedicated to my father and his fellow VI Corps Engineers. My father had passed away when I was 12 and all I had left were some campaign ribbons, a few photos and some patches and pins. I had tried several times in the past to accrue info on his tour of duty in the ETO from 1943-1945, but always hit a dead-end. Well, because I am very tenacious, I never gave up and began my search again in earnest this spring. Well, the pursuit paid off and in May of this year, I started receiving letters from WWII engineers and everything has been on the upswing ever since. I guess good things come to those who wait!

If you have a chance, please stop by our site and take a look around. If you are so inclined, sign our guestbook and even join our forum. Please note that the site is still in it's infancy and I have a long way to go. I'm hiring a research student to acquire records from the NARA and should be able to obtain my dad's unit records, morning reports, etc., thus enabling me to add a wealth of info to what I currently have.
http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links