View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 07:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

If anybody is recommending a hard to find Civil War book, the following site is a good place to start:

http://www.oldesoldierbooks.com/cstore/cstore.cgi

I have done business with the owner Dave Zullo for years. He's not cheap, but I have gotten some great finds from him.

also, I did a quick search on www.bookfinder.com. There are plenty of Sandburg's Lincoln the War Years available: a couple of samples are below:

# Bookseller Notes Price
1 Rose's Books
via ZVAB
[United States] New York Harcourt Brace 1939; No edition stated, copyright 1939. Grey cloth binding with facsimile inscription blindstamped to front board. Gold titles. 660, 655, 673, 515 pp. Illustrated throughout with black-and-white photographs. Lacking the slipcase. Fine condition. No Jacket Cloth 8vo - over 7?" - 9?" tall; Fine Illustrated $120.72
2 Rose's Books
via Bibliology
[United States] Illustrated Harcourt Brace. New York. 1939. 8vo - over 7 3/4 " - 9 3/4 " tall. Cloth. No edition stated, copyright 1939. Grey cloth binding with facsimile inscription blindstamped to front board. Gold titles. 660, 655, 673, 515 pp. Illustrated throughout with black-and-white photographs. Lacking the slipcase. Fine condition. $125.00
( All matching books shown )

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote