View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 06:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Murph,

We go way back and I respect the hell out of you, but your wrong about PTSD and cowardice. I know that there are a bunch of Vets out there with phoney PTSD. Worked with 1,000's of Veterans from WWII-Desert Storm with the VA and saw those that use the system and those that don't. I would say that vets with phoney PTSD aren't cowards.....just bums. But to say that PTSD=COWARDICE, well, what David said about Audie Murphy. I think we all here feel very strongly about freedom of speech and freedom of thought. If that's the way you feel, then so be it, your feelings, your thoughts, but from someone who considers you a friend, your equation is not correct. I have PTSD but have felt strongly that I have been able to live with it and have dedicated my life to helping Veterans and Active Duty. I am rated at 70% for my wounds and choose not to be rated for PTSD, but that's my choice......and I'm certainly not a coward.

My 2 cents,

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif