View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Political Differences

[The following is actual wording from the most recent issue of the VFW magazine, Oct. 2004, p. 10, regarding political party platforms.]

ISSUE:
Terrorism - Republican Party: Formulate a comprehensive strategy; consolidate gains; and halt the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

Terrorism - Democrat Party: Enlist international cooperation; conduct public diplomacy; improve education; and extend hope.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I can certainly find fault with the 'formulate a comprehensive strategy' portion of the Republican plank as being
a bit late, or maybe simply restating the obvious, I am totally bewildered by the Democrat's wording as living in Never-Never Land. Haven't we already enlisted international cooperation, with the exception of the French, Germans and Russians, who by any standard of honesty, have sold us out in Iraq? With whom are we to conduct public diplomacy, that hasn't been done already? How does public diplomacy enhance the battle against the terrorists, by letting them see what we're planning? Improve education? For whom and why? To inform the terrorists that we are really peace loving people, and that they should leave us alone? Yessirbuddy, that tactic really works well in Israel, and every other place where appeasement has been tried! And finally, the real "touchy/feely" one I like: extend hope! Now, there's a genuine winning formula for success in combating the most severe form of evil to make it's ugly presence known in 50 years, just extend hope. God help us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links