Thread: USS Liberty
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Thanks for all of the great input in support of my shipmates. This crew should have been used as a standard for damage control and saving one's shipmates and ship. These guys stood tall under tremendous odds and an overpowering assault by Israeli planes and torpedo boats. The Captain stood amid horrendous, withering machinegun and cannon fire with people being killed and mamed all around him and wounded himself, his crew did everything by the book, and the USS LIBERTY sailed away under it's own power. These men have been my heroes since June 8, 1967, they are some of the best this country has to offer, and in return, treated like dirt and with no respect!

I would appreciate anything you all can do, to further educate the citizens of the USA and the world. My shipmates deserve so much more for their efforts. The families of those killed were essentially left in the dark and their sons,husbands, fathers or siblings were just written off and each letter or award for them had to be OK'd by Israel before sending the letter or presenting the award.

A long time ago I made a promise to myself that I would do everything possible to make this right, but I believe I'm not going to have enough time, so every person that continues on with this mission, has my very deepest gratitude!

Stan White (Survivor of the attack on the USS LIBERTY)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote