View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Joining the Air Force

I am very close to finishing up with my BA and want to join the Air Force. There has been only one real desire in my life that has stuck with me through the years- and that is it.

I would really like it if any of you could give me some input or advice. I am pretty sure that I am too short to fly (5-foot-even), but that's what I want to do. I am sure there are other fields I can go into. I am also apprehensive about taking the AFOQT. I have heard some people who have said it's awful- but some said it wasn't bad at all. I have always done well in school and made good grades- but will that make any difference? Also, I have heard that any volunteer experience looks really good for anyone looking to be an Officer. What about work history? I have moved many, many times so my work history looks somewhat weak.

Maybe you guys (and gals) can help me out?

I have spoken with a recruiter, but I can't seem to get much out of him because I am not close enough to finishing my degree.

I just want to apply my knoweledge for a greater use than self preservation. The best way I can think of is to serve in the Air Force.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links