View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Recalling the memories

Today I was working in the yard a little bit, I had the radio in my Blazer on and was listening to the oldies. Somewhere I got lost in time, I started to remember the guys in my squad while I was with the 4th ID, the songs made me remember where in the Central Highlands I was when certain songs came on, the Animals came on with "We gotta get out of this place" and I thought about Dak To. I was wondering about the guys I served with, and ho close we got and the love we shared for each other, and the way we knew we could depend on each other. Man I haven't found that since. I don't think I ever will again. I have found some of the closeness on this site, and am glad to know I can say this and not be judged. Since I've retired from the service I only trust vets, and my friends who are civilians are vets. I don't think anyone understands us accept each other. Thanks for letting an old soldier feel that remembering is okay.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links