View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:38 PM

This is a real concern. I have spoken with those who provide services to Veteran's at our Veteran's Medical Center. They are frustrated and concerned because services are being cut at a time they need to increase.

If we as a nation send our people into war then we as a nation have a responsibility to care for our Veteran's and their families. As you know war changes us forever.
PTSD is not a condition that magically goes away. (just one issue)

Through the research for my book, I have found that the current war has triggered many Vietnam issues with Veteran's and their families. Issues that need resolve. In essence many of us from the Vietnam era are just now beginning to deal with unresolved issues.

We all know Vietnam was a different kind of war. Our war was not even called 'war' but 'conflict'. We did not have the support and acceptance in our society that were and are given to people of other wars. We were not able to openly discuss our losses and communalize our grief.
I for one think it is important for us to stand up and say it is not ok to dissolve the services for our Veteran's and their families.

I encourage everyone to stay in touch with those who represent us in Washington D.C. Let's not make the mistake of turning on each other but let's take our concerns to those who make the decisions and claim to represent the people of our country.

Let us stay united by not letting the politics get in the way of what is right.

I have only recently joined this site. I am finding many issues to respond too. I'm sorry if I am speaking to quickly but I've been silent for way to long.
Thanks for letting me be here.

glenda, author of Sacred Shadow, Sacred Ground: A Vietnam War Widow's Journey Through Unresolved Grief.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote