View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile The Rigger is baaaaaaack!!!

Well, I had quite an adventure!

Left here Sunday morning...was going to try for Atlanta and then on to Charlotte (Mom and I are originally from there and have relatives not seen for a long time).

Got just south of Atlanta...LT, help me out here...small town on 85 called Nunan (or maybe Newnan)? and ran into the heavy rain bands in the NE part of Dennis. Absolutely could NOT see to drive.

Checked into a Comfort Inn. Tried to call LT and Gracie, but the hotel phone thingie had problems (got wet or something).

So, we laid in bed and drank coffee and watched the eyewall of Dennis pass almost directly over where we live. Mom was going ballistic.

On Monday morning mom developed a medical problem...turned out to be a kidney infection, so as soon as the southerly rain bands had cleared out and they said we could get back in to the area, we headed south.

We don't have a lot of damage here at home, just a big mess to clean up. Got power back about 8:30 last night.

In my back yard there is a pine tree limb about six feet long impaled in the ground about a foot. Good reason not to go wandering around outside in a hurricane! I'll try to get a pic of that for ya.

Heartfelt thanks to all who sent me phone numbers and offered refuge. I was looking forward to seeing LT's bunker!!

I'll tell ya, I'm getting sick of cleaning up after hurricanes!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links