View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue....,

I have to disagree with your: "I understand VFW's...", since I will never understand why both Legion and VFW (State of NJ also) quite demeaningly and insultingly belittle mine and buddies' 28 months of Honorable Service to Country on West Germany/Czech Border.

Similarly insulting millions of other veterans is pretty-lame, shallow and petty at minimum, also.

Basically, unless COMBAT Decorated, NO VETERANS (civilian political rulers also) should look down on, make light of or insult Service to Country of any once being: "Cold War Warriors".

The skuttlebut (actually a realistic assessment) about we forward elements and our: "Delaying Actions" against 8 or 10 to 1 Armor Supperiority way-back-when,...was being overrun in about THREE DAYS by The Soviets.

Fortunately for US (both ways),...Wiser Warsaw Pact Nations' Heads Prevailed!!!

In my/our day ('55 to 58) there just weren't any Neutron Bombs (great tank battalion killers) to help out We Forward Expendables, as we actually were at that time.

It was only towards end of Cold War that Reagan protected America Forces with threat of deploying such,...and no doubt one of main reasons for Ruskies throwing-in-the-towel and The Wall to come tumbling down.

Neil