View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 02:23 PM

Arrow Amash accuses Trump of selling military support to Saudi Arabia

Amash accuses Trump of selling military support to Saudi Arabia
By: Tal Axelrod - The Hill - 01-11-20
Re: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...o-saudi-arabia

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.), a vocal critic of President Trump, on Saturday accused the president of selling U.S. military support to Saudi Arabia.

Trump said in an interview with Fox News’s Laura Ingraham the day before that he had pressured Riyadh to compensate the U.S. for a recent deployment to the Middle East.

“We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia. I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1 billion in the bank,” he said.

Per Amash Trump - “He sells troops,” in response.

Per Amaash: He sells troops.

Trump stated to Amaash: “We have had a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia—I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1B in the bank.”

Amash has repeatedly angered House Republicans with his frequent criticism of Trump’s character and rhetoric, leading to his removal from the conservative House Freedom Caucus, which he co-founded.

He later announced he would leave the GOP and become an Independent and separately said he supports impeaching Trump over his dealings with Ukraine, thought he has remains staunchly conservative on most policy issues.

The Michigan lawmaker has not ruled out a third-party challenge to Trump in the 2020 presidential race.

Amash’s broadsides have infuriated Trump, who has reportedly floated supporting a Republican opponent to try to unseat him and held a campaign rally in his district late last year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: Now Trump sells our Troops - Are troops are now like Rent A Cop!
I wouldn't put it past Amash to raise oil prices to compensate for military support - sorta a break even type of arrangement or could say hey I'm giving you a good deal our oil?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links