View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

Thanks Sarge et al -

What was done on the Tiger March (1950) to our troops was an atrocity of the foulest order, and akin to the Bataan March (1942) in my opinion!

I was told by Shorty Estabrook (a March Survivor) that Major Tiger (nickname) was a real bastard, but that he was eventually dealt with by his own people!?

What appalls me, however, and I have gotten with Elizabeth Dole (North Carolina - from my wife's uncle's home State) on this (as well as others), is that here we have a kid (Corporal Melvin Hampton Morgan) barely 20 at the time, that fought courageously through the War's earlier delaying actions, was captured, marched along with 750 other survivors from his and other outfits (a few American civilians included), all the way to the Chinese Border, up by the Yalu. These brave souls were made to drink infested water from putrid rice patties loaded with parasitic matter, beaten severely (some bayoneted and/or shot) , and then starved to death!! And yet, the guidelines say that he Corporal Morgan, and others like him) are not eligible for the Purple Heart, at least as far as I am now aware of at this point!?

And by the way, out of that group of POWs (750) on that death march, over 500 eventually died, on the route or in squalid camps! Those who did survive, were down to about 100 lbs each, and hurting from their ordeal for life, I was told!?

Is this the same North Korea (Kim Jong Il) that we are now thinking about bribbing to keep them at bay - to stop them from getting involved with nuclear weapons! Hey, if these sub-human bastards want nukes, maybe we should have fed them a few, one at a time, back between 1950 and 1953!!

Should that slimy little, elevator-shoed, European Whore Loving, cretin (Kim Jong Il), really desire nukes, maybe Old Dug-In Doug MacArthur was right about these people, and a few of their neighbors too!! (opinion) They should have been gifted with several nukes, right up their unwashed little asses! (opinion)

My wife (Melvin's niece) put a little info on him upon the POW/MIA Section of PF that you might like to read....

VERITAS