View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:42 PM

Robert,
I'm afraid that The History Channel has a long record of ignoring the obvious and allowing what I see as constant ridicule of VietNam veterans on the VietNam War forums by whoever or whatever entity wishes. They then usually delete the responses from those that convey a message of vigorous denial or find fault with the accusations made about VietNam veterans. Also there seems to be a fail safe built into their system whereas all someone has to do is lodge a complaint against some post or thread as violating the community standards and usually it mysteriously disappears and no one knows who filed the complaint. There is an option of placing someone who you find fault with on ignore and you will no longer see this persons posts but let's face it, most of us are not easily deterred from defending what we perceive as attacks on our integrity and honor and as far as I'm concerned, to ignore these lies is to condone them and give them credibility. So you see, short of the administrators or moderators of THC being more objective or at least fair about what I see as attacks on the legacy of we VietNam veterans, nothing I imagine will change. It's like watching history being rewritten and being unable to do anything about it. I imagine that it is one of the few places where a wannabe can feel safe and untouchable and at the same time get national attention. I seem to be alone over there but as General Peter Pace said: "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered."
Semper Fi
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote