Thread: Dec 67
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splummer View Post
If they sent any engineers with the 82nd AB to The DM wouldn't they have come from the 5th support Brigade at FT Bragg? The 4th Div in 67 to 68 was in the central highlands and I think the farthest north was Chu Lie. {I was kind of in the Danang to Dong Ha area, convoys.} I wouldn't have ever suspected him except he talked about being in Hue during Tet68, Phu Bie, RT-9 and etc. Places I had been too and knew the 4th ID wasn't. I was right, now it sounds like is suddenly airborn.
Guys,

That is the downfall of all wannabees. Eventually they try to wolf their stories to guys that were in the AO or in the same unit. Ron had all sorts of "war stories" throughout the documents that I read from him, but as I was not in the Dominican Republic, I Corps, II Corps, the 82nd ABN, the 25th IINF or the 4th INF, all I could see were the inconsistencies to his story. I leave it up to you been there, done that guys to point out the rest of his BS.

I am glad Ron is not longer on this site. I am sure that David would eventually have to suspend me for repeatedly calling el toro pooh-pooh on Ron's stories.

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote