View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 09:41 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool QTC

Gimp: When I went to the QTC doctor, sat down, pulled up my sleve and he took my blood pressure right away. It was 60 over 40. Recall his response, it was,
"Holy Sh!t, you didn't drive here did you?" His report ran along the lines of, "You won't have to pay him long." When I didn't die after a few years that's when they started messing with me.

I'm sorry on a second count but I too would close the VA hospitals and giving us an insurance card equal to Blue Cross Blue Shield Master Medical. Around here one hospital will have a lot of Harvard types, another hospital will have Yale folks and the VA will employee people who got their degree from the College of St. Thomas (wherever the hell that is.) As of last December I talked with a VA doctor who had not heard of the cancer drugs I've been receiving since December of 1999. It seems Vets should be allowed to obtain the best medical care they can get.

Several years ago I was seeing a doctor from India for PTSD. After 3 visits she asked if she could just ask me some questions she had about Vietnam. She was a nice woman but had no business dealing with PTSD people. Her list of questions included, "What is a claymore? What is a tracer? What's a FAC? Why is it bad to put on bug repelent and then go pee?" After almost 45 minutes she asked what a "Hog" was. I got up and walked out. Didn't yell or swear but that woman had no right being paid to work with Vietnam Vets. (I truly hope you have had better experiences.)

I don't want to stress out anyone who uses the VA for all your medical needs. In some areas the quality of the doctors might be better, sure hope it is. I've said we have lots of beds in our local VA hospital and that's true. But it's not a good place to go to get better.
Hey Paco, how's your hip; he asked rhetorically.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote