View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Gimp

It?s clear we both want the best for Veterans. We just have different ideas as to how to accomplish that task. It would appear you want the Fed?s to take care of things, I?d like to see dollars spent locally or even better by individuals. Maybe it?s a big government vs. small government debate.

If the nation spent billions of dollars, which would be necessary to get all the VA hospitals on a par with private facilities, some vets would still have to drive 100 miles or more to get treatment. That could be a problem. Why not allow the individual to go to a hospital or doctor who is local and who the patient trusts.
Organizations like VA hospitals seem to always be bogged down with people saying, I only have 12 years till retirement, and act that way. Private hospitals often have that, lets invent something new and get rich spirit. Being an experiment myself, the ?lets get creative? doctors, who will never be lured to VA hospitals, sounds like a good idea.

Gimp, of course I know you have had serious problems with the VA and their hospitals. I mentioned Paco because I wasn?t trying to ?get in your face?. Don?t think there is any argument that what we have is broke. Go ahead and assign blame to whomever you like, no problem, there?s plenty of blame to go around.
Perhaps giving Vets an option would be an idea worth exploring. Like school vouchers, a person could use the VA treatments centers OR could have an insurance card to get treatment on his/her own.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote