View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I talk with Doctors

everyday. Part of my job and cause' I work in a hospital. The VA system has been going down the toilet since the 60's and the trend countinues down. Doctors I speak with consider the VA an joke and would NEVER go to work for them. (most have all done numerous rotations in VAMC'S) Again, they are not allowed to practice good medicine. I appreciate all the research that has been done in VA facilities but it can be done elsewhere and maybe not on Veteran Guinnea Pigs. It's awful tough, as you know old friend, to sue the US GOV.

Gimp, your zeal toward Veterans and the work you do for them is unsurpassed. You, ma deah sur, are someone I look up to because you have the free time and put it into trying to help, but the system is so broken it can never be fixed. I believe that if we elected you to the Presidency, we would see very little gain in the Veterans sector. Why, not because you wouldn't bust a hump to get it, but the Government is a Hydra and as you attack one head, another will bite you on the bum.

I have always felt special being a Veteran and having our own medical facilities. I spent 13 years busting a hump in that same system and believing it could change. I was tilting at windmills. I believe if we kept the hospitals but gave Vets a choice, the hospitals would be empty within a couple of years. Yes, there are some that are much better than others, as in the private sector, and I agree it shouldn't be, but if they are that good, they would survive. I used to think that at a VA facility, at least they understood where I was coming from being a Vet. Well, you don't have to be a cow to know where milk comes from, I was treated like shit at the VA and like a human being at Beaufort Memorial. Most had no idea I was a Vet, just another patient.

Some day, Gimp, I would love to just sit with my Southern Brother, have a few sips, and both of us solve all the problems of the world. If we couldn't do that, the exchange of idea's will be a highlight in my life.

Deo Venci

Your bro,

Packo

PS Andy, Doc, and I will try to solve most of the worlds problems this weekend, but promise to save you a few!

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote