View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 10:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hello everyone

I’m watching all of the accolades for John F. Kennedy on the anniversary of his assignation.

Since this is a history site I need to give my prospective on history, from the first person prospective.

I'm a military brat from a time where we were very much apart of our fathers lifestyle.

We lived breathed "packed boxes" every three years

I would like to give all of you the perspective of a child of 8 years old who’s father that was sent to a place called “Vietnam”

My dad was one of the first combatant’s sent to Vietnam under Kennedy after succumbing to the advise of Gen. Maxwell Taylor. This A-Hole was so depressed that DOD money was going to the AF and Navy he needed to “Create” a new war!!!!

Was John Kennedy a great President? His Inauguration speech will absolutely is something to go down as one of the great inaugration speeche's of all times!

However!

Was he a great President? Absolutely not!!!
Bay of Pigs!
Missile crisis?

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam War. Johnson took to the next level and beyond!

In the eyes of this 8 year old in 1962, John F. Kennedy was a mediocre President at best.

I know there are those that feel that JFK was wonderful President, but I ask are your feelings because of his of his accomplishments? Or solely based on his assignation?

FYI my dad Maj Carl R. Erickson is not doing well and I will update you on his condition after tomorrow.

I love you Dad

Dave
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote