View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 11:58 AM

I am a product of the California school system. Although not raised in CA I did live there from the time I was 7 years old until I turned 21. I have two brothers who still live there; One is a cop near Stockton and the other is a building inspector in Bakersfield. I not only ran from the state I ran to the other end of the country. When I speak with my family now, they always tell me I did the right thing in leaving and then proceed to tell me how much it has changed. CA used to be a great place to live and raise a family. With all the insane laws they have now....you couldn't pay me enough to move back!
But I don't recall in my last post that I even slammed CA. I do find offense in the slam against NY. Have you ever personally visited our beautiful state? I don't make my presumptions based on rumor or what other people tell me. I base them on personal experience.
Unless you've experienced the shear wonder of an early spring waterfall rushing through the crisp air off the side of a mountain deep in the Adirondacks or watched a bear across the gorge in the Catskills, don't be so quick to judge NY. We are not all rude people. To do so is like saying all of California is like either L.A. or S.F. There is so much more to the state. NY does not only consist of NYC. Do I agree with the politics of this state? Not always...for crying out loud the yahoos down in the City held the numbers enough to give us Hillary. The rest of the state didn't want her! We tried to give her back to Arkansas but they have a no returns policy! All sales final.

Enjoy the beauty in California...but think...at what cost!

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote