View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Brings back officer: "B-bustin" memories.

Don't know very much about Green Berets, other than what seen on TV, in movies & remembering the bustin of a couple of officers' chops in West Germany, circa 56-57.

While heading towards PX up in Graf to buy cigs & whatever with Frank & Jesse in our kelly green uniforms with red C-caps (Aggressor Force uniform), we gave a very snappy & chest pounding salute (actually a Roman Legion type salute) to some captain & major coming towards us

After returning our salutes, they stopped & questioned: "Were we the new 10th Special Forces training there"?

Big mouth me instantly replied: "NO SIR"! "10th Recon just trains them".

After we parted company Fellow Totally Gung-Ho Brainwashed Frank & Jesse said to me:
"Damn, Neil"! "That was great". "But,...you got some balls".

Regardless &: "If you're not Recon you're SHIT" bullshit bravado aside, the most we knew about "Them" at the time was that only NCO Volunteers were accepted into that NEW battalion size elite unit of Green Berets.

Also,...if one couldn't at least do triple digits in push-ups,...one needen't bother volunteering.

The word was that some of those guys could do over a thousand.

Neil

P.S. Friends,
Is this: "WateringHole" the same one that Pack questioned duplicity on General posts?

Last edited by reconeil; 04-03-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: corrections plus add P.S.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote