View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don?t know about ?truth? James. In my opinion, the best we can do is try to understand the historic situation, interject our learning and knowledge and then take a SWAG at reality. Short of that, we accept someone else?s SWAG as probable, feasible or digestible and get on down the road. Most often a SWAG has tons of spin content so we need to take that into account in evaluating conclusions. In the finial analysis we should all trust our own eyes, ears and judgment and take a long hard look at everything else if it really matters to us individually. Maybe we are saying the same thing, it's just that I find the concept of "truth" to be highly maluable in most all sets of hands.

Interesting argument in El Centro. Alas, does it really matter if Castro was ethnically a once, twice or thrice removed Caucasian Spaniard? The guy did what he did, good and questionable alike, so what. Is it the supposition that the Hispanic linage doesn?t include former slave owners? Hmmm, that?s not probable at all and not necessarily historically accurate, but oh well; I got no vested interest in that argument at all so will go with the flow and make no waves.

Scamp