View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:49 PM

When the UN was formed the majority of member nations were at least nominal democracies. Now there are only about 25 or 30 of the 190 or so member nations that even pretend to be democratic. It has become the biggest US bashing forum in the world. My personal feeling is that we should move the UN to Haiti, they need the business.

Name one military operation headed by the UN that was a success. Can't count Korea, that was US.

Now name one peacekeeping mission headed by the UN that wasn't a failure. There aren't any. The longest running mission the UN has been involved in has been in the Kashmir, and, boy, that's a rousing success.

Ok Fred, why is the US obliged to pay the most? If we deducted the parking tickets owed to the city of NY by UN members, they would owe us money. I'm glad Bush appointed someone who doesn't like the outfit to represent us.

Rotorwash
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote