View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 01:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Smile Memorial Day - 20/20

5-24-2020

“It seems like only yesterday”, even though it was some seventy-eight years ago, when a retaliatory airstrike was undertaken against Japan for their dastardly attack against Pearl Harbor! Nowadays however, and like most actual history, today’s kids have very little (if any), real knowledge about what happened yesterday, let alone what transpired over three-quarters of a century ago- “And More Is The Shame”, as those who forget their history, are often doomed to repeat it, and what a glorious, prideful, and sometimes even painful history it was!

“But once again, if you were not there, or if you did not live through that time, no amount of verbosity can ever replace the reality of the thing – “And So It Is!!” I do, however, believe that the same is true about every monumental event in all of human history, or more accurately, “OUR HISTORY?” Kids, many of them in any event, are far more wrapped-up today in make-believe and “Hollywood Sensationalism” than they are in “The Reality That Is”- or was the truth, in any event? And I seriously doubt that “Our Forefathers” had a full orchestra following around behind them to add to the drama, but alas, “Hollywood is Still Hollywood”, is it not?”

I can not help but wonder, however, just how many genuine heroes lived and died, and whose names and actual deeds dwarfed anything that the movies could ever come up with in their wildest dreams? And although their names may be known but to “The Almighty Himself”, I do hope that we can all still take a second of our time today to at least say:

“Thank-You” for your magnificent & irreplaceable service!!”

Hardcore