View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Arrow

Thanks for the link to that site, great info. I appreciate it.

I too am in stage 3 kidney disease. My doctors have me on a fairly strict diet. My disease is two fold causation, partly from the GSW I received in Nam and in part to Type II Diabetes related to AO (which is now under control....thank God!).

The diet plan seems to be working in conjunction with meds treatment, I have lost about 40 lbs. these past 5 months and am now back to my old "fighting weight" as my better half likes to call it.

My kidneys don't seem to be processing potassium very well for some as yet undetermined reason which has caused a Viatimin D deficiency that is creating some bone/calicium problems which is afecting my hip replacement of 13 years ago. They are now checking my Thyroid function regularly in order to try and find out if this is contributing to the other problems.

If it ain't one thing, it's another. Oh well, it could be worse I suppose. I could have been one of the names on that "wall' in D.C. but for the Grace of God and the bad "aim" of a little slant-eyed fellow more than 42 years ago.

I thank God every single day for the time I've had since that day in November 67. I am truly blessed.

And, I really understand your (and others) consternation regarding the recent health care bill. I suppose I'm just not as worried over this stuff as you are. Hopefully we'll all come out better for this measures passing.

Thanks again, and be well,

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote