View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Fox2/1 View Post
I said before that the credibility of this site rests not only in the hands of the owner and administrator but also in the membership that must always put the good of the whole above the good of the individual. To me, a wannabe takes from both and ultimately brings dishonor on us all.
Guys,

Once again Scott is spot on! With this being an open forum with no foolproof vetting process, wannabees are going to pop up on the radar every now and again. Some will be only suspected wannabees that later prove to be real-deal guys such as farmboy, some will be genuine wannabees as was Ron. Not that I know about this Ron character as I was not a member of this forum when things happened with him, nor have I gone back and read any of the original posts about his exposure. All I know is what I have read here over the past couple of weeks is that two types of problems have reared their ugly heads.

One evidently was some sort of fall-outs over who knew what when about Ron being a wannabee. Clearly Ron must have befriended some here and abused that friendship and trust to perpetuate his wannabee tales. In that case you were all victims. As I was not part of that debacle, let me say that y’all need to forget Ron, chalk it up as a bad experience, and move on. I like the guys that I have met here on this forum and PF-2, and hate to see what happened over Ron come between real deal guys like you.

The other thing was the farmboy problem. I see that problem was caused simply by guys discussing things, good or bad, true of false, without having all the facts. In the future, I highly recommend that y’all go get the facts first via a Freedom Of Information Act request through Mary Schantag of the POW Network and act accordingly. Perhaps even temorarily suspend a suspected wannabee from posting while the FOIA request is being processed. Leave it up to the administrators to decide what to do with the wannabee, rather than letting a forum fall apart over that which has not been substantiated. I suspect that leaving a known wannabee on any forum would be quite detrimental though, and the administrators did the absolute right thing getting rid of Ron. Maybe the History Channel (?) needs to take action now, if that is where Ron is now wolfing his stories. That’s just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
fficeffice" />>>
I think a FOIA request over both farmboy and Ron would have saved a lot of hard feelings and hurtful things that I saw posted both here and on PF-2.
>>
Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote