View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 AM

Tab and Treehopper - all through our lives we are all touched by some traumatic event. Loosing a friend or relative during a war time event is very much a personal thing. Only the families of those taken or lost can really relate to the issues at hand.

My family has always been enlisted types. Grand-Father, Dad and Uncle, my Brother and myself. They are all gone now except for me - so like you and others like us who've been exposed this type of hardship - its not going to be easy to forget them.

War's are fought for many reasons but the real looser's are the families of those kids sent over there to do the job. Most are anxious to participate as their comrade's are also going. We are no different. We don't fight the war in most instances because we understand all the ramifications involved - we fight the war because our friends are there.

England had to fight to survive as a Nation. America had to fight to retaliate against the Pearl Harbor event. We all have our excuses to get involved. But all and all its the common man or woman who pay the ultimate price - their lives.

We will never forget - is the motto - we all have those who we we've lost to wars so we can never forget . As survivor's we must carry on their memories - and let others know of their sacrifices - so that they will never forget or be forgotten.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote