View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Most Slaves were brought over before

The United States became a country. More British, Dutch, French, and Spanish ships brought slaves than American Ships.

Slavery was practised in Africa among Africans before the arrival of white man. Raiding tribes sold members of other tribes to the British or whoever for things of monetary value.

Slavery was practised among Europeans enslaving other Europeans. Many white Americans also came over as slaves. (Indentured Servants). In almost everyone's past there is a history of slavery. Most can say, "Our ancestors were slaves."
What do you think that the serf/fuedal system was all about. The Nobilty owned the serfs (workers), arranged their marriages, told them what to plant, etc. It was slavery plain and simple. So, when someone comes to me and says, "My anscestors were slaves." I say, "So was mine and 95% of the world." Get over it.

Slavery in any form is disgusting, sick and bad and should never be tolerated. But to hold bitternesses from the past does nothing more than promote pity trips. Get over it and deal with it.

The idea of Royality, Nobility, etc is what spawns slavery. When you say that someone is better than someone else just because of birth, you are saying they have the right to enslave others.
I believe the idea of Nobility should be wiped off the face of the earth. From beauty pageants to Kings, and Noble families around the world. They are inhuman and degrading.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote