Thread: Merry
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 AM

James:

Saw your comment on the other (Gen) formum sector...and yeah...I DID VOLUNTEER...dang...ya'd think I'da lernt sumthin' in 34+ years in the Crotch! :re:

This certain IS an "interesting" venture. Purty dang frustrating to me lately, but someone has to be over here trying to make a positive difference! IF you've seen my posts on the Enduring Freedom sector, and some other comments scattered around the Forum, you know that things ain't goin' real good over here!

Lesssee...it's New Years Eve here (1850 or so)...so IF these chuckleheads are anything like the NVA/VC, we should get some incoming tonite...ya know...to ring in the New Year and all. Will be interesting to see IF there's any firing of weapons/pyro from our lines...???...doubt it...not like it was in RVN where anything outside the wire was pretty much a free-fire zone.

We do our best at staying safe over here...certainly no heroics at this age, but as you and the others well-know, there's always risk about...incoming, IEDs, stray SAF...etc.

Your upcoming trips sound super...! Make sure you give us some After Action Reports on them.

Beau:

Yeah, those kinda guys are in just about everyone's life in one way or another. I notice the same thing when I go "home" to Ohio every few years...interesting how I always run into those guys. Then too, when I was in High School, I was more the "Jam" than the "Rah Rah"...so maybe there's still some sort of hood (hoodlum) thing going on there?!?!?!?! Never have any problem with folks there, however, and is usually an enjoyable time. Just don't think it's ever possible to really "go back" or "go home" after being away so long...seeing so many things the folks who stayed around there will never see...etc.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year.

Semper Fi from the Cold (in the 30s) and Windy Sands of Kandahar,