View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Afghanistan Sitrep Of Sorts

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET MARINEVET SITREP

1) This is without a doubt, the most fouled up goat rope I have ever seen in my 45 years of service aligned with the Military! Sad, but true! THIS is THE WAR we should be fighting. We COULD be WINNING this one!

2) ?just too bad others in our Nation/around the globe can?t put such BS aside and come together on defeating an Enemy who has every intention of wiping us from the face of the Earth?no hype ?I?m living and working with folks (very fine Muslim folks) who are, at this time, even more at risk than we are, but should they become subverted, WE are next?make no mistake about it!

3 ) Combine the foregoing with some of the poorest senior Officer (Col/GenOff) leadership I?ve ever seen, and we?re in trouble, Sports Fans.

Here?s what would WIN it for us over here:

Clean house in Kabul w/re to much of the Senior Officer leadership?bring some real war fighters in here!

4) GOD BLESS the National Guard, but dang it, they are NOT the force that should be over here training the ANA?and yet?they ARE the main U.S. Force here doing the training!

Our SF folks should be here in large numbers doing what they do best. Altho limited, the SF/SOF folks reap huge dividends here.

IF we had one (1) U.S. Army Air Assault Division and one (1) U.S. Marine Corps Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB) here, with additional rotor wing assets to augment their already robust r/w status, I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE you we would bring the Talibs/AGE to their bloodied knees in less than a year.

5) Oh yeah?couple other minor points?the ?new? Combat Leadership would have to be afforded full latitude to ?take the gloves off and let the dogs out??to be able to pursue the bad guys into Pakistan or wherever?can?t allow bad guys to play paddy cakes back and forth across borders!

I have briefed the above to some folks in the highest of Military Authority. Nothing I?m sharing here is ?classified??some folks are not happy with me because of my candor?tuff rocks?

Semper Fi From the Sands of Kandahar,

WVM
Col USMC (Ret)
My turn, colonel ... g8t flick !

do this by the bullets:

1) worst in 45 years ... thats bad.

2) how do you think they could wipe us off the face of the earth ? They ain't gotta a Navy or Air Force to get here quickly in a classic invasion ...

Would ruining our Economy set the stage for them wiping us out? I could envision that if we had a terrible Economic downspin (like, no food for people at home) then we Americans would riot our own selves off the planet without help. You mean they would have their boots on the ground, going city to city, town to town ... planting WMDs and shooting ... or what ... ? What I'm asking is what it would look like ... the mechanics of it, particularly if it is said that "THEY" are already here in the states, then what difference does it make if our forces are THERE ...

3) our senior leadership or the Afghan senior military AND civilian leadership ?

4) re National Guard ... I woulda thought that with their experiences in Iraq that they would have it all together as trainers .... what do you see as their deficiency ?

agreed on your SF/SOF and mobile units ... maybe they shouldve kept Nam that way as well.

5) Pakistan .... .... ah, hell yah ... of course. And if we really are at risk of being wiped off the earth then I'd say that politics don't matter.

Well ... we are back in interesting end times again.

I hope your hootch is ok ... and candor is the only way.

Beau
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote