View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by launcherman View Post
Is it just me or is this forum just a bunch of news reposts? I haven't had the opportunity to really delve into the forum but I thought there would be more military history related CONVERSATIONS going on here. Patriot seems to be chucking a few hundred articles on here a day. I'm sure there's a place for it all I guess I just didn't realize what this place was all about.

Launcherman
What 1Cav said, and amen.

Also though, for many of us from olden times, the chief attraction of this place was and remains that it had and has the reading and recording of military history as a major focus - with (as now) a place to take exception to the color of sky and conduct pissing contests.

That section still exists, but its posts (thankfully) are not kept track of in the recent threads box every five minutes anymore.

The historical value of Patriot Files is unassailable, in my reasonably extensive experience with military websites. Much of that value is to be found not here in the forums but rather within the HOME page, which is where I always go first both to find most recent new threads to forums, but also everything else in the reservoir past and present.

Even so, any serious conversation about purely military matters of history can be and still is discussed in the forums - should anyone be interested and versed in the topic.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote