View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Already ordered the book

And made a new discovery, I have a book titled "Special Forces of the United States Army" By LTC Ian Sutherland. Although I did not serve with him I know LTC Sutherland. This book was given to me by my wife and 2 sons several years ago. A section of the Book tells about the organization of MACV SOG and shows the RTs and their CCN, CCC or CCS assignment. I looked up RT Idaho and that RT was the Halo Team (did not know that). I quote " The majority of members were killed on operations". FLASHBACK

About 8 or so years ago I was contacted by a person from the State Department asking if he could come speak to me. He arrived and introduced himself and his credentials and he was with the JPRC (Joint Personnel Recovery Center) He wanted to know if I had ever been in operations in Laos at a RR LEGHORN. (Radio Relay Station Leghorn) I answered No and he started to bring out pictures of what appeared to be a well consealed site and wanted to know if I could Identify anything about it. Again I answered no that I had not been there. He then brought out a folder and looked at it and wanted to know if I was Cpt Sidney G. Herndon and had I been, as a LT the RT leader of CCN RT Lighting. I said no, I was with CCS RT Lighting. Seems that there were 2 RT Lightings both with the same Team Motto "Lighting Team-We Strike Deep". He thanked me for my time and appologized for the error and left. His name was Ed Chamier, I later called the Department of State and they claimed no knowledge of a Ed Chamier.