View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Just Whom Are We Really Trying To Fool

10-21-2018

(Something to think about)

Maybe we are not the perfect-god-like creatures that we would like the rest of humanity to believe that we are? And maybe, if we finally do come to this realization, we can finally smarten-up and truly fly right! The world, after all, has never been, nor is it likely to ever be, totally at peace with itself, and for the record, we humans are, a destructive and imperfect lot! For when we are not busy knocking each other off wholesale (world wars and other societal insanities), we usually occupy our spare time killing-off each other, be it in often smaller increments or through preventable diseases, internal carnage, crime or what have you!

And what, pray tell, have we ever really accomplished with out rampant violence and insanity, save for controlling burgeoning population growth, causing unnecessary grief and suffering, creating vast fortunes for fools and war-mongers, and making a few insane cretins feel like they have really begun to grow a pair – “Not Much, That’s What?”

Don’t any of these me-ist maniacs fully realize yet that pain, suffering, carnage and despair are all universal tragedies and not just another avenue to profit? Or do they not even care that among the dead and maimed may also be numbered the potential healers, scientists, and other men and women of peace, honor, human advancement, shared prosperity and responsibility? The problem is, at least as I see it, that we just don’t seem to give a damn anymore (if we ever really did that is) and this poisonous conundrum is (my friends) truly universal and apparently never-ending! WHAT FOOLS WE MORTALS CONTINUE TO BE – UNTIL MAYBE SOME DAY – “WE ARE NO MORE?”

Hardcore