Thread: Draft Women
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Couple of thoughts

Having been in a couple of Really, No-Kidding Live Fire Exercises and all the attendant frivolities that said activities entail, there is no place for women in combat roles. Some don't have the strength, some don't have the temperament, and the same could be said for some men. But the missing element in all the previous posts is the issue of sexual tensions that women bring to the table. (Now there's a kinky thought! Ooops, I digress)

A commander has to concern himself with operations, logistics, personnel, green air support, blue air support, redleg activity, supporting fires/activities of adjacent units, the bad guys, morale, and a few dozen other combat multipliers. Add in the issue of sexual tension, either from women or from homosexual men, and this is simply one more item that serves only as a detractor from accomplishing the mission. To think that it won't happen is to be so naive as to be placing one's unit in severe jeopardy, should excrement become propelled towards wind generating devices.

In today's difficult martial environment, it's becoming more and more difficult to keep women in the rear areas, as the fluidity of front lines, even if they exist, the constant metamorphing of the physical and metaphysical locale, due to the nature of counter-terrorist operations. For my money, the further back the better is where they belong. In GW I, we had an instant of some serious he-ing and she-ing going on, and the couple was captured by the Iraqis, way out in Indian territory.

But back to the original idea: if we reinstitute the draft, it best be fair, evenly administered, and impartial, not like during the last time. Draft 'em!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote