View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
If he/she (or you) do not want a response, I suggest you (or he/she) refrain from posting in such a manner as it appears you (or he/she) may be so inclined either unknowingly or unawareingly appear one is expected?

Steve,

I find your reference to Nel as he/she completely offensive. Scamp made clear in his post that Nel was a treasured female friend of his from the Philippines by using her name Nel (twice), the pronoun she (five times) and the pronoun her (three times).You completely ignoredhis gentlemanly defense of Nel andhis kindwordsregarding herculture and loyal friendship in your attempt to further discredit his character by inferring with the pronouns he/she that his testimony of her character and her history can't be relied on thus bolstering that ridiculous statement of James that this was some right wing scam.

Thepopular use of the word "spin" comes to mind when reading your explanation ofthe original matter.Scamp is aman of great moral character,a truth teller andthose that know himjust don't take kindly to your putting a spin on his wordstrying to cast doubt on his integrityto proveyour politically correctagenda in regard to conservatives in general.

The use of the term "folks of color" is an outdated term, considered politically incorrect and demeaning but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one Steve.That's more than you did for Scamp.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote