View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 02:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Steve,

next time you see your nephew, slap him upside the head for me. Wait. Where in CA does he live? Maybe I'll slap him myself.

Scamp: Yep. Over the years I've seen several bikers with a mix 'n match bunch of badges and insignias on their jackets. Years ago ['76] ran into one wearing an 82nd patch and CIB drinking with his buddies in a bar in Whitefish, MT. Said he'd been in Nam with them in '67 [we got there FEB68]. I just grinned and asked him who he was with. He just said "the 82nd." I said, "I know, but what PIR?" He just gave me a blank look, and mumbled something about forgetting alot of things. I said, "You're a f-ckin' liar and if you want, we can step outside and you can try to change my mind about you." He, or his buddies, didn't budge. I took my beer and moved to the far end of the bar with the two other loggers I came in with. They gulped their beers about as fast as they could, and left with half a pitcher still sitting there. The bartender asked me how I knew he was a fake, and I told him my background. He laughed and got us about three-fourths drunk for free before we convinced him we had to go. After that, I could never pay for a beer there if he was behind the bar :cl: .