View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

OK that was in January but two Sundays ago once again I couldn't breath and since I didn't go to church when my daughter woke up she insisted on taking me to the hospital. Once again the VA in Decatur where they promptly admit me.
I stayed in the hospital for a week where it seemed like every hour someone was in the room taking blood, blood pressure or oxygen content in my breath and when that content exceeded 95%, six days after admission two guys hauling a gurney come into the room along with a nurse. The nurse tells me that I'm going home WITH meds and instructions that I'm to see two doctors for a follow up in two weeks and I can only go without oxygen for an hour or less. I do not have a cancer in my lungs or my heart, just an allergic reaction which could have been fatal to the seven white doves that I HAD in my room.
After those instructions the two guys at the door load me onto the gurney, take me to an ambulance and drive me home where 20 tanks of oxygen and a breathing machine have already been delivered.
Just a week before going to the VA I had gone to another hospital emergency room where they tell me that all was good and that I should go home. By myself.
What the doctors at the VA did was by far Over and ABOVE what any civilian doctor would do. That's a Double A+ for the VA.