Thread: Stone
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 11:59 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post guys

Tim: I can?t tell you what book to read about Reynolds. My younger son lives 30 miles from Gettysburg. I?ve spoken with numerous history buff?s from the area who talk of Reynolds reverently. He was offered command of the Army of the Potomac prior to Gettysburg, I?ve forgotten why it is said he turned it down. But clearly that man was willing to fight, which of course is what Lincoln was looking for.

Packo: You know history is just a hobby of mine. I hope you?ll recall my great respect for Lee the general, even if he did have a few bad days, errors in judgment, in July of ?63. Further Lee was a great man. He could have told his boys to flee to the hills and fight a gorilla operation but he was a good Christian gentleman and knew when enough blood had been spilled.

I do recall a few burned Buddhist Pagodas and a few Cow Die churches that were burned in III Corps. Would that make us a generation of Sherman?s? Like I've said, Sherman was careless with matches. About your toilet and the picture in the bottom. Is it really a picture of Uncle Billy or do it just look like him?

Chili: It?s been a while since I read about the southern Mississippi campaign. Did Banks ever win a battle? Also how far North are you from New Orleans?

Keith: You know too much about the military to be a Sky Pilot. Does that book of yours have anything nice to say about Ewell???

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote