View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

From the moment Arnold announced, I have heard more dirt about him than I have heard about just anybody for a long time. One political commentator/Wag had it right. ?Buy stock in tabloid publications as new production records are going to be set?. Make sense to me as Arnold and family are going to be fed into the political trash machine and ground up, post haste. I don?t see that that is going to address the serious problems California is in but it should be revealing as to how things are done in that environment.

One thing Arnold said is absolutely true and that is that businesses and jobs are leaving California and I don?t see that trend reversing anytime soon. So no fix there at all and I don?t see what Arnold could possibly do to get that going in the right direction again. Alas, the goose that laid the golden eggs is rapidly becoming a rubber chicken that just squeaks when squeezed.

The California business-hostile environment is driving away very ethical firms of long-standing and fine reputation. Our little County just picked up a great one and that fine cup of patio coffee ya?ll buy will now will have the roasting, blending and west coast product distribution facilities in Northern Nevada. Thanks California, we appreciate you helping us in carefully building our small community. It?s a similar story all across the State and it shouldn?t come as any surprise that Nevada is the fastest growing State in the US and has been for quite a while now (Long before Dubya took the oath, by the way). By headcount, there are more registered Democrats here than Republicans but we can go either way as the political spectrum here tends to be crowed tightly around the center stripe.

Another thing he said is only partially true. The California energy situation is on the mend, so not to worry. With businesses and jobs exiling, the power grid load verses generating capacity will balance out nicely in the near future. So there is no need to put another band-aid on that band-aid ball and nothing more to argue about.

But the good news is that I really believe that the California voting public is about to speak and speak loudly. The best of all worlds would be if California could get things resolved and set right within their own popular Liberal-leaning political orientation, sans Davis and connected mob, of course. The worst of all worlds would be if some Republican leaning Governor were to be put about the task as that?s a looser and unworkable, in my opinion. Just watching the instant and intense Arnold trashing going on is a dead give away that he will be strapped to a log and sent through the saw mill, but unlike Nell, there will be no saving him. But I have faith that the California voters will speak loudly and there had damn well be some listening-up going on in Sacramento, or else. Time?s up I?m thinking, tar is boiling and feathers being plucked.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote