View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rick,
I don?t see how it is possible to apply that specific law to this case. At least the plane language text makes things really clear as to applicability and the Cops weren?t in the commission of a crime when they fired their weapons. Prosecutor Sutton claims that just discharging their firearms was the crime. Say what? And convicted on what appears to be circumstantial air n? dust and nothing more.

In all seriousness, this has the ear tags of an ?Object Lesson? and what happens when the Border Cops interfere with drug cartel business. And it would seem that the cartel calls the shots in the US Prosecutor Sutton?s Office as well. In all actuality the cartel and the Mexican National Police are mostly one in the same and the local Mexican Cops in Nuevo Laredo and now Tijuana found out what happens when they try to grab a bit of border drug action for their own. Kaboom, the Mexican National Police show up and that?s it for the interlopers and the business is returned to the MNP n? friends.

As of 5 January, the Tijuana Cops had all their firearms taken away by the MNP and now have only sling shots and ball bearings. In Tijuana, that is as close to a death sentence as it gets for Mexican Cops, and bets are that the border thugs, banditos, muggers, rapists, etc., sing and celebrate now-olay. It?s probably not the best time for tourists to go check things out down Tijuana way.

Scamp