View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39mto39g View Post
James
Having a very good memory is ,most of the time, not a good thing.
I remember when I was 2 and killed a rat in the street in front of our house with a shovel. I remember visiting my older sisters kindergarten class. I remember a hole lot of my childhood and high school. I remember just about every day in Vietnam and for sure the scary ones. Along with a good memory my mother saved all my letters and had a big map of Vietnam which she marked were I was each time I moved. I would guess that my memory about Vietnam is no better than anyone else’s if they also had a mom that saved all there letters, if they took a lot of pictures and if they had a map that marked were they went. In Vietnam the memories are there and a lot of them are of just dumb stuff, Like when it started to rain and you had no shirt of, That rain was coooooold, like the rain hitting a poncho sounded just like the rain hitting a big leaf. And , I could get 5 rounds of a M-79 in the air before the first one hit the ground. You really don’t want a good memory of war, It's 12:45 in the morning and I am talking Vietnam, not sleeping.

Ron
My mom saved all my letters, about 80 of them, which she gave me back. Theyre great for saying what i did on almost any day but not the big picture---which i never had and am still trying to piece together. I sure as hell didnīt write her everything that was happening anyway, a lot of them are just " hey its me, Iīm still alive.Ļ" A lot of times I didnīt know where the hell I was or what day it was. You have a much better sense of detail than I do---most of my stories are just about what happened to ME but you have a much better sense of the big picture

But I notice Mr Rocky hasnīt returned to explain the day of his death which is under question.
Perhaps he died........again.

Stay good
james