View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 12:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
Interesting that you haven't heard back from "Rocky" about both being in the same Ranger Co. Hmmm. Maybe he was at the reunion and got lost also.

Does he post on your C.Co/75th website?

I trust Ron's memory.....don't think he's been wrong on something he was involved in yet.

Pack
Pack
The answer is yes. You can go there and ask yourself: http://www.e20-lrp-c75-rgr.org/ His resume signature line is even more lengthy and colorful, larger font and includes a picture.
However I no longer post there, there's too many of the kind of posts and people I just don't respond to any more. they don't like people there who voted for Obama, no error, forget I was a founding member of E Co Lrrps and a lifetime member of the Association. Thats why I said he'd find people to relate to here. And I suppose they wonder why there's no black members of the organization. Guess they'd rather go with partisanship than organizational unity.
He comes from the later, Ranger phase of the unit where they were more into self promotion. That T-shirt I displayed earlier is a little loud and heroic-implying for my taste but one must go with what one has. I always liked the lrrp phase for the relative anonymity: nobody knew what we were and we liked to play it that way too. that was more in character with the kind of work we did: Come out of nowhere, do the job, fade back into nowhere, humming a cheerful little tune (my favorite: Beethoven's "Ode to Joy," I'm whistling it as I'm writing this.) We didn't get any fancy hats, heroic names or applause, just the satisfaction of a job well done ( sometimes) I liked being a lrrp more than anything else that I did in the Army except testing parachutes.
No offense to Rangers but I was an old cuntcap paratrooper all the way. If God had wanted me to wear a beret, he would have made me into a fuggin Frenchman.

Yeah, my money's on Ron too.
Stay good
James

Last edited by exlrrp; 01-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote