View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking BG McSoulpatch arrested by FBI

BG McSoulpatch arrested by FBI

Remember him? Well, our friends at ABC 13 in Houston have some news for us.
Michael Patrick McManus was arrested Friday night after a federal judge signed a warrant for his arrest. The FBI says he was arrested without incident.
A blog reads like an old time wanted poster: Wanted for stolen valor. Do you know this man? Reward.
The FBI now identifies the man in the picture as Michael Patrick McManus. We tracked McManus to an address in Houston where we attempted to get his side of this story on at least five occasions. A man who answered the door the first time claimed the man in the picture wasn't him.

However on another visit, another man at the house told us the man in the picture has lived at the address. Neighbors said he sure looks like the guy in the picture.

"He was always kind of strange," said one neighbor.

The pictures ignited a flurry of bloggers attempting to figure out who was parading around town as this highly-decorated war hero. They pushed to expose what they see as improper and illegal, saying "the violations of uniform regs are legion" and "This is illegal as per the Stolen Valor Act and this guy needs to go to jail. This has been a cancer for a long time, but with the internet we can do what other generations could not."
McManus is now in federal custody charged with stolen valor. He is scheduled to appear in court first thing Monday morning. The Army is also investigating this incident.
This was a Joint operation between milbloggers, the traditional media, POWNet, the FBI, and mostly you - the readers of milblogs.

Thank you for helping bring this guy in.

...one last note as I stick out my bottom lip like a 4-yr old; that "quote from a blogger" that is, ahem, unidentified - yea -
that's me.

No luv for 'ole Sal ... again.... but the blog did get a little facetime on the video .... but that is just being petty on my part, again.

Bravo Zulu to all involved.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/20...ed-by-fbi.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links