Thread: Draft Women
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Couple of thoughts

[quote]Originally posted by SuperScout there is no place for women in combat roles. Some don't have the strength, some don't have the temperament, and the same could be said for some men. But the missing element in all the previous posts is the issue of sexual tensions that women bring to the table.
[/QUOTE

Hey dude,

Don't be laying your overactive sexual tension onto women. We're not the cause of it. That's your own issue, take some saltpeter. And if we find ourselves - together in a firefight with the enemy - and if all you can think about is sex, darlin - you've got no business in my beloved Marine Corps. You're the one who doesn't belong in the battlefield. Don't be laying the blame for your sexual tension on the women. In this time of "don't ask, don't tell" you'd be equally concerned that that grunt behind you isn't looking at your sweet lookin behind! That may take care of that sexual tension.

I have known an equally distributed small number of men and women from the Marine Corps I wouldn't want to see in the battlefield. But they each would serve with honor in an administrative role or supportive role.

As for strength or "size," it's like that old saying: "it aint how big it is, it how you use it that counts."

Training is the key. In todays world, the backward thinking that once dominated the flimpsy "proper" role of women - both in the civilian world and the military world - has changed dratically. This will continue to progress.

Heck, the United States Marine Corps had their first woman fighter pilot fly and fight in Iraq. She served well and with honor - just like any of the men. Imagine that.

Equal Rights means Equal Rights to serve. Equally draft women, just like the men. As a woman, I believe firmly in equality all the way around.

semper fi
jchristin