Thread: 1st shirts
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 04:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Greg...many years ago when I was a young Private just home from Basic my Father told me a story about 1st SGT that I will relay to you: Seems that many years ago just after the conclusion of the Korean War the post my father was assign to was expecting a visit from some General, the camp was all a buzz. Finally the day arrived for the big inspection. My father was about to exit the mess hall when he spoted this General headed for the front door, Dad stop, so he could call "At Ease!" to the troops eating when the General stopped short of the door and turned to a Private emptying the garbage. The General stated "Son, do you know who I am?" the private replied "No" and the General stated "I am General Whatever His Name Was" the Private turned to him and stated "Well you better get your ass over to the First Sergeant, he's been looking for you all day!"

Look past the antidote and see what that First Sergeant was to that Private. He was everything, no one held more power or was more important than him to that Private. If you can become that kind of Sergeant you will be loved and admired for years.

Good luck!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote