Thread: Why? Answered.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:09 PM

Thumbs up Stick - A few more of those would help

This young man shows true character and I respect his thoughts and I'm glad he's proud to be an American - but there are plenty of others who've made it here or Canada that need to feel some of his compassion to those who've given so much for a cause.

I was a young man when I was there and today I'm an old man - much time has passed since those service days. Yet my memory is still sharp and recalls quickly those friends I had - that are no longer here. I'm sure they welcome such kind words but these folks were never given the time on this earth to have a family and to grow old.

I don't know how other's feel about this subject today - I can only say how I feel on this issue. Like many of the young men and women who are serving today in their hell holes. These issues are always tough on the soldiers who are on the front line when all hell breaks loose. The are eyeball to eyeball with those who would take their life in a heartbeat.

I see some of these kids today at the VA when I go. You can see it in their faces the look that tells you they've been somewhere that they don't want to go back to. Some day in the future they will express their pains and open up - it's only then can some healing begin to take place.

Let's not forget these kids they need us old timers to relate to and to have a beer or two and let out some of their pent up emotions they are carrying. I only wish we never had these conflicts to experience these sort of things - but I guess its better to go there then to have our families see these things that's for damn sure.

My respects to all those who've served and those serving today.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote